Clicks through earn revenue
- Posts by Topic
- Bath and Body
- Beauty Tips
- Box Openings
- My Faves!
- My Shop
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Saturday, March 9, 2013
Friday, March 8, 2013
This month's prize includes Shakira S Eau Florale perfume, Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat and Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color. There will be 10 winners this month! :) So, be sure to head on over there to the Free Beauty Events site to enter the contest!
Interested in local beauty deals and events in your area? At Free Beauty Events you can enter your zip code to find out what makeover, gift with purchase, spa open houses, and sampling events are happening near your home. Pretty darn cool! I know that I am always looking for beauty events in my area.
Events This Month:
- March 16th: Rite Aid Winter Skin Event is going on! Demonstrators will be performing skin care demonstrations and educating customers on Olay Regenerist, Dove Body Wash, and Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. It’s a great opportunity to score free samples and coupons as well.
- In March: Ulta will be having their Yes To Event, where demonstrators will be giving out coupons and sampling Yes to Blueberries Eye Firming Treatment, Yes To Tomatoes Daily Balance Moisturizer, Yes To Cucumbers Body Butter, and Yes to Cucumbers Towelettes.
The Contest runs from 3/1/2013 to 3/31/2013, winners will be chosen on 4/2/2013 and notified by 4/15/2013. To enter just go to Free Beauty Events and supply your name, email (only used to contact winners), and zip.
As a long-time fan of Jennifer Love Hewitt's, I am excited about watching this show on Lifetime. As a blogger, I have media access to the press release with details about Season 2 and the Season 2 Premiere. I am not allowed to share any specific details; but, I can tell ya'll that it is going to be good! So exciting!!! :)
Here is just a little bit of info from the Lifetime Network:
“Riley Parks” is back!! Lifetime’s hit drama series The Client List, starring and executive produced by Golden Globe® Award nominee Jennifer Love Hewitt, will return for its long-awaited second season on Sunday, March 10, at 10:00pm ET/PT. Leading up to The Client List’s return, Lifetime will air mini-marathons of the series’ first season on Sunday, the 10th.
If you missed last season, you can "catch up" before the premere by watching this "The Client List" season 1 synopsis video:
Find The Client List on Facebook:
Follow Lifetime on Twitter:
One Client List Season 1 DVD set and 1 Lifetime Blanket
- USA only!
- You must be 18 years old to enter (or have your parents permission).
- Prize is shipped directly to the winners by Lifetime/"The Client List"'s PR team. Pammy Blogs Beauty is not responsible for items lost or damaged in mail/transit. Prize fulfillment is through Lifetime/The Client List. Prize is not redeemable for cash.
- To enter the contest, you must fill out Rafflecopter form below. The winner will be chosen randomly through Rafflecopter. In the event of technical error, Pammy Blogs Beauty reserves the right to pick the winner. The entries will be verified as needed and individuals with multiple or falsified entries will be disqualified.
- Only one entry per person. With that said, you may earn extra entries by tweeting, liking on facebook, etc on the Rafflecopter form (see details below on how to earn extra entries).
- Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Contest runs from March 8th 2013-March 29th 2013. Winners have 48 hours to respond to winning email from Pammy Blogs Beauty or a new winner/winners will be selected.
To Enter the Contest (required rules):
Please see the rules listed above.
- You must be a follower/Subscriber of this blog in at least one way to enter. You have multiple ways to follow this blog: e-mail subscription, Google Friend Connect, facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Google+, BlogLovin, Hello Cotton, and Instagram. The more ways in which you follow this blog, the more chances that you have to win!
- Fill out Rafflecopter form below.
- Answer question in comment form below: "What is your favorite show on TV?"
- You must like Pammy Blogs Beauty Facebook page.
- You must follow Pammy Blogs Beauty on Instagram: pammy_blogs_beauty
- You must subscribe to Pammy Blogs Beauty via email subscription.
For bonus (optional) entries:
- You can tweet about this giveaway (one time per day max please!). Please include a link back to this giveaway and @pammyblogbeauty
- You can follow this blog in numerous ways: Google Friend Connect, twitter, Pinterest, Google+, BlogLovin, Hello Cotton, and Instagram.
- Do a Blog Post about this giveaway (must include a link back to this giveaway and giveaway photo/art)
"The Client List" PR isresponsible for prize fulfillment
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
My Self Tanning Mishaps and How I Avoid Them! Plus a Review for the NEW Jergens Natural Glow and $250 Sweepstakes!!!
Over the next few months, I am going to take you on a self-tanning journey with me! I am testing out the newly reformulated self-tanning products from Jergen’s. These newly formulated products promise to deliver flawless, natural-looking color without that trademark self-tanning odor! I plan to consistently self-tan and report on my tanning progress!
Self Tanning Mishaps:
I certainly have my fair share of self-tanning mishap stories: uneven tan, flaky skin, and orange/yellow color.
Self-tanners are notorious and synonymous for smelling bad. So, the promise of a self-tanner that has reduced odor is seriously appealing!!! As much as I love getting tan, I really do not like typical self-tanner's smell.
Streaky or Patchy Results:
I have had streaks, patches with *no color* (lol), and too much color on knees, ankles, and elbows. Lets face it, a bad self-tan is worse that no tan at all!
Not only is it not attractive, but also as your skin flakes you are essentially shedding off your tan! My skin is prone to dryness anyways. So, battling the flakies can be a challenge for me while self-tanning.
Bad Color and an Un-Natural Looking “Tan”:
Oh, this is the worse! I think it is so hard to get a natural-looking tan with super duper fair skin! Many tanners end up looking too yellow or too orange on me.
My Tips for Great Self-Tanning Results:
The good news is that you can certainly get a fabulous and natural-looking self-tan!!! Here are my tips and tricks for getting fabulous self-tanning results:
- The key to getting an even self-tan without streaks is to exfoliate first!!! Use a non-oily body scrub in the shower.
- Before applying tanner, smooth a body moisturizer over any area that tends to collect tanner and get too dark. This will prevent too much tanner from collecting in that area.
- Start with the 3 Days to Glow product to “jump start” your color. Then maintain with the Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer.
- Smooth products on in circular motions.
- Always wash your hands afterwards!
- Be sure to moisturize!
This product promises to get you one shade darker in just 3 days. I love the super thick and creamy feel of this moisturizing tanner. Even just one day of use gives me a lovely hint of color! Three days of use certainly gives me a natural looking light tan. I love this stuff!
This product is designed to give you a very gradual tan within a few days. You use it in place of your usual body moisturizer. The Natural Glow Daily moisturizer really is as easy to use as a regular moisturizer. While not as thick as the “3 Days to Glow” moisturizer, this tanner still has a nice and creamy feel.
This is Jergen’s gradual tanner for the face. It has an SPF of 20. So, you can use it in place of your usual daily moisturizer with SPF. I apply every few days in the morning to give my face a hint of color. The moisturizer is lightweight and has a non-greasy feel. Also, it does not sting nor irritate my sensitive skin.
My Tanning Progress So Far:
I am so excited about this challenge! Even the slightest bit of self tan color gives me a “boost”! My goal is to self-tan a few times a week and maintain progress over the course of a few months.
My Before and After:
As you can see from my “before” arm shot, I am quite fair! I don’t like going too dark. I just like losing that “stark whiteness”. “jump started” my tan with the "3 Days to Glow" product and am maintaining with the Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. "3 Days to Glow" gave me a nice and subtle tan. I found it to be super quick and easy to use. Each day the color got ever-so-slightly darker. You don't even need to use it the full 3 days to get results as I was pleased with my tan by day 2. As you can see in the photo, the tan is subtle, but pretty and natural. To maintain the tan, I use the Jergen's Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer.
Improved Smell? Results?
There is no question that they have improved the scent of the Jergens Natural Glow Collection! Their claims for reduced self-tanning odor are true!!! I am blown away with the lack of tanning odor!With these Jergen’s products I literally have to put my nose right to my skin and to even detect the extremely faint self-tanning odor. For this reason alone, I will always purchase Jergen’s over other self tanners that I have used in the past. Plus, I can now tan during the day without having to worry that I smell bad because of the tanner!
As far as results, I am super pleased! These products give me a lovely and natural looking light tan in just a few days. I find that I can get great color without the smell.
I will keep you posted over the next few months as I continue to use these tanners. As I mentioned, I will start tanning more frequently and going a bit “darker” with my self-tan as the weather gets warmer.
As always, thanks for reading and stay beautiful!!!
NEW Jergens® Natural Glow Moisturizer provides the same great, natural-looking color but without the sunless tanner odor!
Be sure to check out Jergen's new Microsite!
Share your embarrassing tanning story for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jergens Skincare®. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.